11.16.2007

Head Tatts For Sure

Dan Renal, 27, sells expensive salon shoes at Stanford Shopping Center. At work, he wears hand-tailored suits and exotic leather oxfords. A pressed shirt and tie accentuate his dapper look, but the 11 tattoos underneath them do not.

Graveyard scenes, demons, pentagrams and upside-down crosses span across Renal’s arms, shoulders, back and chest. He says there’s more to come.

“Tattoos are the way that I express my inner demon,” says Renal, who likes to get drunk and listen to death metal when he’s not on the job. “I just like them because they’re sick.”

After getting his first tattoo 10 years ago, Renal became addicted to them. Now they are part of who he is.

“If it were up to me, I’d be completely covered, but I can’t because I have to work,” Renal says. “I’d have head tatts for sure.”

No comments: